Sunday, October 7, 2012

After Church Pork Chops


Mmmmm. Doesn't that look so yummy? I mean, sure, I'm probably a bit bias on this since I was the one who actually cooked it. But still, doesn't it look yummy? And wait, it gets better! Not only does it taste good, but it is easy to cook, inexpensive, and wait for it.........HEALTHY! All of these descriptions make this dish a winner in my opinion. Ok, so I am sure you aren't wanting to just read my comments on it. You probably hopped over here for the recipe. So, here it goes:

After Church Pork Chops

4 lean, boneless pork chops
1 onion
Emeril Essence
Carrots
2 Sweet Potatoes

First, take your crockpot (yep, this alone makes this meal a winner) and butter it up. Next, take your onion and slice it up. Place the sliced onion in the bottom of the crockpot. Take your pork chops and place them in the crockpot on top of the sliced onion. Then, sprinkle the pork chops with Emeril Essence spice. Place carrots and cut up sweet potatoes on top of the pork chops. Pour about a 1/4 cup of water into the crockpot. Sprinkle with more Emeril Essence, salt, and pepper to taste. Cook on high for about 4-6 hours.

I call this dish, After Church Pork Chops, because I put it all together in the crockpot this morning right before heading off to church. By the time we made it back home from church and cooked some french style green beans to go with it, it was done. There is absolutely no need for condiments with the meat or butter for your sweet potatoes. All of this cooked together adds enough flavor. I think next time, I might opt for a bit of cinnamon. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment